Sunday, October 31, 2010

Experiencing The Wisdom of God through Proverbs Day 31

The Proverbs 31 Woman.


Many of you know that our house used to have a bakery attached. When we moved in to our house some of our older neighbors told us they remembered when it was opened and the neighborhood had the wonderful aroma of Polish Bread. Years had not been kind to our house and the attached bakery section needed a new roof. Pastor John and I needed to do it ourselves because there was no way we could afford to hire someone. It was October and an Indian Summer (good weather that could end anytime). We didn't have long to get it finished before the weather changed and our insurance company ran out of patience. The boys were in school...and I was trying to help my husband during the day and take care of the boys when they got home. One day as we came down for a lunch break...I looked awful...had gook all over me from the roof...my face was smudged....my hair a mess....yet John looked at me and said...you are a Proverbs 31 woman. I was embarrassed. My thoughts immediately went to the thought that I'm not organized like the Proverbs 31 woman is described. I'm not good at crafty things. I would never make the housekeeper of the year award. Yet my husband said that of me. I realized that what he appreciated was my willingness to help him with a project that was hard for me and my determination not to give up. A wife that loves her husband, works hard and has his trust is truly a Proverbs 31 woman.

10 b]">[b]Who can find a virtuous and capable wife?
She is more precious than rubies.
11 Her husband can trust her,
and she will greatly enrich his life.
12 She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life

Whether you are a husband or a wife, a man or a woman God wants to build within you the ability to be trusted by others. Your skill set may not be the same as someone elses....but trust is a great thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment