Sunday, October 24, 2010

Experiencing the Wisdom of God in Proverbs Day 24 The Pressures of Life

Pressures of Life

10 If you fail under pressure,
your strength is too small. NLT

10 If you faint in the day of adversity,
Your strength is small. NKJV

There are some Scriptures that you might at times wish weren't in the Bible. No one likes pressure. Pastor John and I were just talking to someone about how the pressures of life can make you wonder why things can't be more smooth sailing. Maybe you've heard news that is troubling. Maybe you are going through things that are hard and frustrating. I won't cover up the fact that there are times where I feel in the flesh like giving up, but I know that God has a good plan for us. Giving up would be to forfeit that plan. It is easy to have faith when things are going well because there is no testing. The New King James says, "If you faint in the day of adversity...." Adversity is a time when our life is not going as we might plan. There are trials on our path and the way is not smooth sailing. Recently...my desire was to take a minute to feel a little sorry for myself and my circumstances. Unfortunately....or maybe I should say thankfully that wasn't to be. I read of our missionary friend in Haiti who is living in his storage shed. I attended a conference with a friend that reminded me that life is not always a bowl of cherries, but He never leaves us alone. We can rejoice in His presence! God does not leave us in our mess when we call out to Him. We may have to go through a time where our trust is in Him not the outward situation. Are you up for that reality? Next time giving up seems like the option remember this Scripture. Don't allow your faith to be small.

We don't deny hard times or the pressures of life. However faith says that God has a plan if we will listen to His voice. He will bring us through.

What situations are you going through that might tempt you to give up?


What things have helped you to trust in Jesus in your situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment