Monday, October 4, 2010

Experiencing the Wisdom of God in Proverbs Day 4

Wow....when I went to church this morning ( I write the blog a day ahead) I realized something before anyone arrived. My post have been pretty bland because I haven't really been sharing what God has been speaking to me.

The past 4 days the Proverbs have said again and again...Pay Attention....Listen to my Words...and Trust God. Develop good judgment. I come from a family who have allowed God to give us His wisdom...but we must never assume we have it all. Tonight the Holy Spirit reminds me that it is not my own wisdom or reliance upon the family trait of wisdom that is what God wants . God wants me to to continue to develop good judgment...it is not a process that comes to an end where one can say they have arrived. Today a friend whom I respect told me about something the Lord is speaking to her about...and it just reminded me how the Lord is always speaking into our life....and it is our part to listen to really listen. Situations in our life depend upon our willingness to seek God's wisdom and character renewal. The NLT in verse six says, "Don't turn your back on wisdom for she will protect you. Love her and she will guard you." As I look back over the last months I see times where I walked in this kind of wisdom, but if I'm honest there are instances where I missed the mark and it had bad results that required some spiritual cpr. I love verse 23..."Guard your heart above all else for it determines the course of your life" So my revelation so far is I've got a long way to go...I'm not just leading people through a journey as though I know it all but the journey is suppose to change me as well. So if like me this isn't your first rodeo (Dr. Philism) in the book of Proverbs be open to new things the Spirit would speak to you.

What did God speak to you about as you read chapter 4 today?



No comments:

Post a Comment